- USA - Mebane, N.C. 27302
Application Engineer (m/f)
Tradition and Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 2,800 employees at 12 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG of America, Inc., located in Mebane, North Carolina, is the main sales company of our US group and responsible for the development and sales of our tailor made heat exchangers, esp. for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off highway, and mining markets.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support business relationship between external customers and AKG by participating with on-site customer visits and regular collaboration.
- Will learn and demonstrate competence with AKG sizing and reliability software programs.
- Assist with identifying performance criteria such as mutually agreed upon technical specifications, reliability goals, on-time delivery, quality, warranty concerns, logistics, required certifications, and etcetera.
- Support communication between customers and AKG as assigned by manager for projects between different departments of AKG and/or customers, including regular written reports, customer visits, phone calls, e-mails, design reviews, project timelines, forecasts, and other actions.
- Prepare technical results and assist with presentations and proposals for management review to be shared with assigned customers.
- Assist AKG with introduction of new products and technologies within assigned customers.
- Assist in the gathering of customer, market and competitor technology that will further AKG through customer visits and trade show attendance
- Maintain well documented customer files, both written and on-line, that can be easily accessed by other AKG personnel.
- Work with other AKG departments, engineers or designers as defined by manager in support of assigned applications and projects.
- Individual must be comfortable in expressing himself/herself in an external role and make customer presentations in front of appropriate audience.
- Reports to: Engineering Manager
- Have demonstrated capacity for completing heat transfer calculations to include sizing, reliability predictions, design principles, system engineering, geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T), and knowledge of manufacturing environment.
- Has aptitude to support customer relationships in written and/or oral form such as mutually agreed upon written technical customer specifications.
- Able to support AKG during routine external customer visits and presentation of technical data.
- Good oral and written communication skills and competent with industry known computer software such Microsoft Office, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, etcetera.
- Well organized individual who knows how to set up and manage projects and demonstrates the ability to adhere to and improve processes.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering is preferred; other engineering degrees will be considered.
- Several years of prior engineering experience preferred (OR)
- Associates of Engineering or engineering certificate plus several years of experience in a related field.
- Must be able to travel occasion.
- As available