- USA - Mebane, N.C. 27302
- Призвать Сусанина на помощь
- Описание работы
Расшарить эту работу|
Manufacturing Engineer (m/f)
Tradition and Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 2,750 employees at 13 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG North American Operations, Inc. is the production company of the US AKG Group, with two production sites in Mebane, North Carolina, and Mitchell, South Dakota. Cooling solutions for construction, forestry, agriculture, on-highway, compressor, material handling, industrial, off-highway, and mining markets are manufactured in these two factories.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design tools and/or machines of varying types (some of a very complex nature) for use in the manufacture of company products.
- Re-design, repair, or replace in process production program equipment, production control hardware, and tooling.
- Develop processes, methods, tooling, and production controls for new programs; supervise their assembly and proofing.
- Set up new equipment, ensure its satisfactory operation and instruct others to use the new equipment properly.
- Write procedures for the operation of new or existing equipment.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technology and equipment and investigate their potential applications. Recommend incorporation of new technology for company applications where feasible and practical.
- Justify budgeting, design, installation, training and startup of manufacturing projects.
- Implement process improvements and cost/waste reduction projects.
- Support the design review and implementation of “lean” manufacturing techniques.
- Act as production and engineering liaison across all functional areas of the plant.
- Develop and implement industrial engineering techniques [Kanban, Kaizen, work plans].
- Participate in the transition of product from design to prototype to full production.
- Support development of FMEA’s.
- Participate in the development of time standards and new payment concepts.
- Support the R&D projects.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and/or requirements set forth in AKG’s environmental management system (EMS).
- Reports to: ME Manager
- Knowledgeable concerning mechanical principles, machining practices, the properties of metals, and the application of mathematics and dimensions to production machinery and tooling.
- Knowledgeable concerning modern fabrication and assembly techniques and machine-shop practices and techniques.
- Strong drafting skills.
- Able to mentally visualize and comprehend all aspects of a manufacturing equipment or tooling problem, understand the interrelationships of factors affecting a given situation, and be attentive to detail.
- Capable of efficiently integrating existing methods with new innovations to economically solve production problems in a timely manner.
- Has initiative and is able to work effectively with little direction and/or few guidelines.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and data processing.
- Familiar with computer-controlled machine tools and has had exposure to high-volume automated production equipment.
- B.S.M.E degree, or a B.S degree with a concentration of coursework in Industrial Technology or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Several years’ experience as a Manufacturing Engineer, with tools and/or machine design experience preferred.
- Experience in capital appropriation evaluation and analysis is helpful.
- As available