- USA - Mebane, N.C. 27302
- Призвать Сусанина на помощь
- Описание работы
Расшарить эту работу|
Product Designer (m/f)
Tradition and Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 2,800 employees at 12 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG of America, Inc., is seeking a Product Designer that supports Application Engineers/Account Managers in the development of custom designed heat exchanger assemblies used in a wide variety of applications. Familiarity with industry standards (SAE, ISO, ANSI, ASME etc.), engineering fundamentals and terminology. Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Utilize high skill level in use of CAD software (Solid Edge) to develop 3D parametric solid models and production drawings used to manufacture custom designed heat exchanger assemblies
- All design documents must be detailed, accurate and organized
- Product Designer is responsible for preparing documents and instructions necessary for project to be “released for production”
- Revise existing 3D models and production drawings (detail and assembly drawings)
- Use of engineering knowledge to compute angles, weights, surface areas, volumes, center of gravity, moments of inertia, stresses, simple forces etc.
- Use data management systems (PLM) to store and manage CAD data in a secure and organized manner
- Generate bills of material to be located in material/resources planning systems (SAP) This data must be detailed and accurate and bills of material will be used to schedule and plan material used in production facility
- Create complete, detailed designs from preliminary information provided
- Analyze design requirements and recommend possible solutions/alternate construction
- Utilize knowledge of various manufacturing processes (machining, shearing, punching, forming, brazing, welding, assembly etc.) to develop designs that can be cost effectively manufactured
- Possess understanding of sheet metal CAD tools, steel, aluminum, composites, etc.
- Review tolerance stack-up of proposed design, checking dimension of parts, relation of one part to another, and relation of complete heat exchanger assembly
- Must be able to interpret and apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) as required
- Be familiar with CAD/CAM software and relationship of CAD to CAM
- Associate’s degree in Mechanical Design/Mechanical Engineering Technology curriculum required (and/or equivalent experience and training)
- Possess a strong CAD background. Solid Edge experience and knowledge of fluid power, heat transfer and hydraulics is strongly preferred
- Must be well organized and able to function efficiently in multi-tasking situations
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to understand and use internal business and engineering computer applications
- Ability to work independently
- As available