- USA - Mebane, N.C. 27302
- Start route planner
- Job description
Share this job|
Contract Manager (m/f)
Tradition and Innovation
Since 1919 the AKG Group is a specialist in the field of heat transfer. Our group of companies is financially sound, innovative and expanding. With about 2,500 employees at 12 locations in Europe, the Americas and Asia we develop and produce heat exchangers for a multitude of application areas and branches.
AKG North America Inc., is the headquarters of the North American AKG companies. It is located in Mebane, North Carolina and responsible for overall administrative and management tasks for the whole US Group.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts, including but not limited to:
- Sales/Purchasing Agreements, Framework Agreements, Exclusivity Agreements, Sub-Contracts, review of customer proposed terms and conditions;
- Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreements,
- Independent Sales Representative Agreements.
- Continued development of standard contracts.
- Analyze contracts’ risks to the business.
- First contact to coordinate contractual risks and claims with insurance broker and insurance companies.
- Work in cross-functional teams.
- Ensure that contractual activities meet AKG's ethical guidelines and Code of Conduct.
- Ensure that contracts are executed in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Maintain the computer database for the company’s contract management system.
- Visit client sites and meet with business partners together with the responsible departments.
- Contribute to the accomplishment of business goals by briefing key staff regarding contract contents.
- Conduct analysis of new laws, regulations and contract trends to determine potential impact on the business.
- As needed, provide training on contract and general legal matters to engineers, project managers or other operational staff, including induction training of new staff.
- Act with a high degree of initiative and independence to identify issues and propose appropriate course of actions.
- Coordinate with external US Counsels and the Corporate Head of Legal and Compliance in our headquarters in Germany (dotted line).
- Draft and keep record of board resolutions and company registers required by company law.
- Reports to: Vice President of Finance of AKG North America, Inc. (disciplinary supervisor) with a dotted line to AKG’s Corporate Head of Legal and Compliance located in Germany (professional supervisor).
- At minimum Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies or a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience examining, creating and drafting legal documents and negotiating sales and vendor contracts for products and services
- German language skills and knowledge about European Civil Law would be an advantage.
- Additional experience in reviewing and negotiating supplier agreements. Prior in-house legal department experience is an advantage.
- Expertise in commercial law with proven track record in transactional work.
- Ability to work in a matrix structure where an agreement is often reached through influence rather than through direct command.
- Ability to interact in a collegial and productive manner with business colleagues.
- Possession of uncompromised sense of integrity and highest ethical standards.
- Strong written, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to use creativity and influence to meet and overcome resistance to change.
- Results-oriented professional with strong common sense and business acumen.
- As available